Celebrate your special event in sophisticated style where the décor is incomparable and the experience extraordinary.
The James A. Michener Art Museum, named for Doylestown’s Pulitzer-Prize winning author and philanthropist, is ideally located in the heart of scenic Bucks County. The museum is housed in a beautifully restored historic site that began in 1884 as the Bucks County prison. Today, the Michener has been transformed into a welcoming center of culture and beauty, providing a dramatic and elegant setting to entertain guests, clients and employees. The Michener offers a truly unique experience for all kinds of events:
- Gala Dinners
- Cocktail Receptions
- Bar and Bat Mitzvahs
- Corporate Meetings and Seminars
- Luncheon Receptions
- Bridal Showers
The Michener Art Museum’s exclusive caterer is Catering By Design. With custom menus inspired by dishes and flavors from around the world, Catering By Design skillfully infuses tastes and flavors of the cuisine with overall conceptual design.
During your celebration you and your guests may stroll through our galleries. Formal tours of the galleries can be arranged for your event with one of our experienced docents.
The Michener is completely accessible, air-conditioned and offers ample free parking. Audio-visual equipment is available upon request. Specified discounts are available to nonprofit organizations, individual members and Corporate Business Partners.
Edgar N. Putman Event Pavilion
- 2,500 square-foot light-filled, all-glass structure
- 4,500 square-foot outdoor courtyard space for ceremonies and receptions
- Accessible by indoor connection to the galleries and by a separate garden entrance
- Banquet seating for 180 with dancing
- Theater-style seating for 200
- Flexible space to incorporate indoor, and outdoor concepts as well as to accommodate inclement weather
Grand Entrance Hall
- Adjacent to museum galleries and accessible to Patricia D. Pfundt Sculpture Garden Terrace
- 150+ for a cocktail reception (minimal seating)
Patricia D. Pfundt Sculpture Garden Terrace*
- 200 max. for a sit-down, served reception (no dancing)
- 160 max. for a sit-down, served reception with dancing
- 200+ for cocktail reception (minimal seating)
*Terrace can accommodate up to 40-by-60-foot tent to be provided by client through an approved vendorof the Michener Art Museum.